Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 13, 2014

All I can do right now is SSSCCCCRRREEEAAAMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So last night was an amazing opportunity. I got to go to something called a cottage meeting. I feel like I have told you all before but I will tell you all again.  A cottage meeting is a place in which 4 converts share their conversion story to investigators. Well I went with one of our investigators for my last time...sad day :( Oh well we went there and I saw some familiar missionaries which was great then something happened that shocked me. One of the investigators I helped teach and was baptized last year was there. She was one of the speakers. It was an inspiring moment as she bore testimony and it bore witness to my heart that she new she was a daughter of God. She new that without a doubt and it was good to know that she knew. You know? She kept looking at me and Sister Anderson my companion at the time we were teaching her and it was amazing she just glowed you know? I am so grateful I had the opportunity to know her that God granted me that moment! We also heard the testimony from a guy who had a tie to another guy there and he converted to the gospel and then at the end he told the missionaries to always listen to the spirit because his roommate chased the missionaries away but they had the guts to call and it was the right time. It was very moving. After the cottage meeting I had the opportunity to speak with some people and even got scream scared by someone I helped teach, Kaci and James.  So they are getting married on Monday so he can be baptized. They are finally a family and it is great. the thing that was taking so long was the divorce and it is almost final which is great! They tried to beg me with coming to the wedding or baptism but I told them I could not so they replied I needed to come and visit them. I told them sure but told them as soon as they moved it may not be easy for me to come and visit as a plane ticket to Australia doesn't sound cheap!!! Its okay after I left I adopted her as my sister because she didn't have a good family life growing up and we are so alike that it just seemed like something Jesus would have me do. It is working out because not only have I adopted them but their whole little family has adopted me! I am happy here.  This place is defiantly somewhere I will return...I hope to share it all with you some day!!
Love you all
Sister Shaylin Cawley

Displaying 20140112_204040.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are flrxing yiur spiritual muscles out there. You are such an example to me!

    ReplyDelete