Wednesday, March 12, 2014

January 20,2014

The Garden of Eden

Of course you know the song, Now Let us rejoice. Part of the chorus says, "And Earth will appear as the garden of Eden." Well I lived that moment this week on so many degrees.
1.) Okay so call me crazy but sometimes I have dreams where I am in a chapel and everyone is there.  Like everyone, my best friend Alyssa from when I was two, my crazy almost sister Sheila, that kid in like the fourth grade who called my grandma, "grandma" (Okay probably not him). My parent grandparents, aunts, uncles, crazy cousins, nib-lings, siblings, people I don't know but somehow love, the crazy family who fed me colored food on my mission, the first people I ever lived with, my companions, my friends, those that have impacted me, those from TV (okay not those either well unless you count Miley Cyrus the other day). Everyone I know is either gathered in a chapel or in my house or wherever. It is a great feeling it is my own personal Garden of Eden. Everyone I care about is there and we laugh and we talk and its just perfect. Well the other day I got pretty darn close! Sunday was stake conference a time I value very much. I learned from my dad to get there at least an hour early, park in a far away spot (so the old people can have the spot), and then sit in the back uncomfortable chairs for an hour while waiting for it to start. So that is what my companion and I did. (Nichelle that was good english just for you!) Guess what. I have served in 3 areas in our stake and so I new a lot of people. Most importantly my love of Everson was there and all the crazies that came with it.  I saw my auntie Graham, Grandma Nicolasen was unable to make it. (For those of you that dont know they are my "adopted" family. Grandma is old and couldn't come to church so we would go and sing to her quite frequently. Her favorite song is "Oh my Father.") Well I found out this week some sad news about Grandma. She is declining quickly and doesn't want to go to her doctors appointments anymore.  I am starting to come to the conclusion that she wont make it until I come back to say goodbye which makes me very sad. So this week I recieved permission to next week on our P-Day to go and sing to her one last time. I want her to feel her Garden of Eden and I want her to know of my love for her before she is reunited with her husband for eternity!
2.) Well you will have to wait for that example in the off chance I give a talk on agency or whatever when I get home. Haha.
Love,
Sister Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment