Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 6, 2014

How I miss wheat!

Its been a whole couple hours and I already smell the sweet fragrance of bread...well. Yeah so to start my sad tale I got transfered yes Transferred.  I am currently back up north in a town called Ferndale. A smaller town named Custer is also in my area.  Any who...my new companion is great she is 29 years old and has some health complications which means she cant have wheat, dairy, or sugar. The first step she needs to take part in is a total detox and having all of those things in the house and so as to support her in something she totally does not want to do I am helping her.  Not fun..possible but not fun. Ferndale what can i say...well it is not Everett. Instead of meeting a lot of people from the foursquare church we meet a lot of people from Christ the King. Its different...not bad just different.  With more land to cover there are also less investigators and it is not the same tracting experience.  Again not bad just different. I am also living in a one bedroom apartment and for those of you who are thinking well thats a nice place and big...Its nice but big isnt the word for it. When I say 1 bedroom I mean the bedroom, the living room, the closet, the bathroom, and the kitchen are all one room. If any of you are familiar with my house back home it is about the size of my little sister Ashleys room all together. Again not bad different.  I like the new area, I missed the smell of cow farms and sad to say that is not sarcasm.  People are great here. It is interesting because they are all super nice just not super active.  The ward also is not screaming with kids instead it is whistling to the sound of hearing aids.  This area is GREAT for retirement.  There are a lot of trailer parks and cabins its absolutley beautiful and to top it off we got the best view.  As we drive down our street what do we see? Mt. Baker. Man that place is beautiful when the sun shines off the snow.  I love it here.  Sorry if it sounds like I am trying to convince you I am not trying to.  Other then the new place not much else is up.  Most of this week was spent getting to know people and revising the area book. Its been good though. I even played volleyball without screaming everytime the ball came my way this morning! Well got to go. I love you all a ton.

Sister Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment