Monday, April 1, 2013

March 25, 2013



It smells like rotten eggs....

Yeah I always knew that Caitlyn would get married before me she just refused to believe it.  I am happy for her and am hoping she is kind enough to send me an announcement! All is well in Everson and we even got some sun this week which was great as we were able to walk outside to get to someone’s house yesterday! I am trying to take my medicine everyday and am still good on most everything medicine wise but if you would like to keep it at home until I tell you I need it that would be great! You have to remember I am still using up my three month supply of the OCD medicine which was a 3 month supply when I was on 2 pills and now I am only on one so I am pretty set right now.  I am however quite cranky as I have received some genetic traits I am not too happy about.  My knee you already know about, and now I have received a nice pimple on my eye lid making my eye look swollen and dark so it looks like my companion is abusing me.  Oh well! I also am still trying to get over this awful cold as getting rid of it is trying with an extreme change in seasons and I thought the pollen elsewhere was bad.  Nothing compared to Washington.  I am glad you are sending me some more inhalers as most of mine expire in May.  I did however receive a blessing that my breathing would not be impacted by cats so now they just make my eyes itch and I sneeze but that is a step up from not breathing.  The big thing that is taking a toll on my breathing is the abrupt change in weather!  It is great.  I am teaching lots of super cool people.  One of which is a little 11 year old girl that is probably around the same size I was at that age.  She is Native American and a super sweetheart! She is an unbaptized child of a less active so we are teaching her family as well.  She has been taught all the lessons and came to church for the 1st time since December this past Sunday! She is on her route to baptism.  We are still teaching the special needs boy his mom and little brother. The lessons are going really well. Last week we did a life of Christ Easter egg hunt.  It went really well as they got to run around the back yard.  This week we are doing a scavenger hunt obstacle course to help them learn the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am so excited to do it and I will try and draw a picture to show you what we were doing.  I am so excited to be able to come home and teach you all the lessons for family home evening!  I have learned a lot of cool ways to teach here which has been fantastic.  Our companionship had an interesting run in with one of our investigators. He is one of those in home care doctors, well we went over to his house and he was like, "You will be so happy" and we were like, "Why?" Well the lady he took care of for ten years passed away a couple hours earlier! The whole thing was so sad.  The whole lesson it was like he was trying to convince himself to be happy, I was tempted to tell him that it was okay to cry but I wasn't nearly in the mood to watch and older man get in a ball and cry.  He also invited himself to church which was different as usually we are the ones doing the inviting.  We will see if he comes! We are also working with a cute 8 year old girl trying to get her baptized she is supposed to be shy but it’s not working for her as she loves to laugh! We are also working with another 8 year old kid who LOVES us missionaries and is so excited to learn and come to church.  Now all we need is to get him baptized and his family coming back to church as he currently gets rides with other members.  We are also working with a family on the drug side (Yes we have one of those in a place called Peaceful Valley go figure) They are nice and we also did the egg activity with them and their kids which was a blast for them! Oh we may decorate eggs today! So I will show you some! I know off on the random.  The family is taking temple prep courses so hopefully all goes well.  I will send you a written letter of everyone else as my time is short but I love you all!
Sister Cawley (Shaylin)
P.S. I am hopefully going to send a package to you this week...also did you get my card mom and dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment