Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1, 2013


Great sunny Easter......

So you probably guessed that my Easter was great.  Last Monday night we decorated eggs after work.  Each resembled a lesson that had to do with missionary work and then attempted to dye them.  The only one however that would not dye is the one with Joseph Smith seeing God and Jesus Christ.  It was really quite frustrating as God and Jesus were done in white so the only way you would see them is when the egg was dyed!  Finally I bested it and stuck it in the pink which did the trick!  Some of our eggs were brown as everyone here gives us their home grown eggs which admittedly are better! Go figure! Anyway yesterday morning my companion did me a random act of service war by making my bed and hiding 100 paper decorated eggs with a checklist.  So during our preparation time yesterday I went on a paper egg hunt.  I was only unable to find one which later we found stuck to the bottom of my foot.  Amazing she got it there without me knowing about it.  Then after church she hid the other eggs 12 plastic that we use in teaching lessons and 12 real eggs.  I found all of the plastics first by accident, and then found all of the pink colored eggs, also by accident, and then the rest.  We also did our baskets.  I bought her some stuff so she could celebrate it a little as her package from her parents hasn't arrived yet.  It was a great day! We however didn't have a traditional meal for Easter we had breakfast which didn't make me very happy to eat as it was biscuits and gravy which I like to call soggy bread!  I will try to send some videos but I will have to apologize up front as I for lunch I did not want to wear my tights!  I liked the pictures of your Easter, I see Ashley was showing off a little leg...Ha ha or so the picture you sent me looked.  Beautiful dress though I loved the shiny.  If I could get a copy I would love it.  I loved loved Amanda's dress it made her look so mature, and Josh looking good.  Let her know I didn't forget her birthday I will try and send a card today.  Did you get my package? Just some pictures from my current area!  Were you able to see the videos that came on the CD?  Anyway like I said this week has been great as the sun has been shining all week we were laughing because you can literally see a difference in my body from what comes with 'real' sun! I have loved every minute of it.  We were driving the other day and passed a giant 'pond' they were making with not water but poo water, nice and brown.  They are started to spray here too which is nasty.  Oh well we also passed a tree with four or five eagles in it so I will try and send a pick in the next couple weeks.  I am creating a package as I found a really cool Bible for Dad, I don't know how old it is but still it is pretty awesome.  I am also sending some bbq sauce that is only made in Everson and it is amazing as well as some hot sauce that is made/invented in Everson.  I however want to know what Dad and Josh wants to try there can be mild, medium, habanera, hot, habanera pineapple, I think that’s it so if you could let me know.  Oh one of our less actives just showed up.  Anyway sorry I know I send a lot of packages! I am almost out of room in the journal I am using so I need to buy me a new one.  What is my bank account looking like cause I want to buy clothes for this awkward heat wave that has hit us.  No one saw it coming! I love you all!
Shaylin

No comments:

Post a Comment