I broke a Nail :(
Hey I am trying out this new thing called emailing the
grandparents with my usual email so hopefully this works out well. I feel like
it is more personal though I don't remember G-ma and G-pas email address! Life is good although I broke one of my
pretty nails :( Keeping them up is some hard work. I am finding myself less
tempted to bite but still the same tempted to pick. I am doing better. I should clarify. I can fit into a size ten if I squeeze. That picture of me with the chickens was my
new size 10 dress. I am gaining muscle
weight in a direction I don’t want it to go and I am trying to get
healthy. I think what me and mom are
going to need to do when I get home is the week after when I am still sick of
food go on that diet thing together. I
also found some other options I will send you in the mail. Life choices are difficult but I am glad
Ashley now gets to learn a little about responsibility and how to save money
and properly pay tithing and everything.
I still want to see a picture of her in her uniform. As for Josh I can tell he is applying himself
and maybe that is because I bribed him with a haunted places trip just me and
him. I hope however he doesn't pick out
places that are too wild as I still need to be able to afford it! Well I guess
he can if he is okay packing our dinners lunches and breakfasts in the car for
the bit of the week we spend together just me and him getting to know each
other better. I like the idea I had because I want to know my siblings
better. I remember when we were kids you
used to take us out and still do for some personal time. I remember loving that and I miss it
now. I think that is what I need to do
with the kids is just get away for a little while and learn about them in a
setting where no one is bothering us where I can just listen to them tell me
everything. I know Josh is going to be
older and may be too cool for his big sister for a couple days but that is what
I want my focus to be when I get home.
Maybe get a part time job but I want to know my family. I don't want to be on the outskirts like I
was before my mission. I don't want to
have to guess I want a relationship! As
for my trip with Ashley, SHORT TRIP. You
can tell her to brainstorm ideas and write me and I will think about maybe
going someplace for a few weeks with her also.
Like I said I will need to make some money first but I can do it. Amanda is the same case, maybe if she could
sit down with mom or dad and come up with something she wants to do with just
me, whether that’s going to a zoo together or whatever I want to know everyone.
I can even do it with Nichelle if Mike ever gets off with enough time to watch
the kids. As for Amanda I have no
helpful hints for that one although I love the fact that whether you have realized
it or not her attitude seems to have changed ish towards the better since I
have been out on my mission. One day she
will have the opportunity to grow in her testimony for the better. The church does wonders and just an
idea. I know Amanda still has a hard
time reading. What I think you should do
is have her read a bit of the Book of Mormon each day to improve her
reading. I know its sounds crazy that
the Book of Mormon can do all that but I have seen it. Since I started reading it more frequently I
have found my ADD getting better, I feel more comfortable understanding what I
read, I can read faster, etc. I have
also heard some scenarios where those who are illiterate or have a hard time
reading or those who are dyslexic read the Book of Mormon their problem starts
to dissolve. Just an idea. I am still
working on her Book of Mormon, but I have accumulated some questions that go
along with each chapter I can try and send you.
I haven't sent the package yet so don't be looking for it I am waiting
for it to get full so I can maximize the use of the package and lessen the
packages sent home! Nichelle Maggie is so cute and I hate to say this but when
I come home I may have to steal her from you. She is so cute and I think your
kids are just genetically programmed to have amazing eyes. But I thank you for the picture. I am excited my next planner is going to have
Tennyson’s model picture on one side and Mr Potato heads on the other. I love all the pictures and I always get so
gung-ho to share them with my companion!
I am excited for how they are growing.
Did you and Mike get my card? How is everything? Is school keeping him
alive? I will need to write him a letter! I miss you and still love your
hair. Mine is growing out a little bit
but how I have it right now is actually really cute. I am still keeping it short but not as short.
So like a longer hair bobish thing. Its
the length it has been in my recent pictures! I love you. Also congrats to Alyssa is she sure she can
keep up with three? Ha ha how is Caitlyn's wedding planning going. I still really want to hear from her. Also how is Chase I have a letter I keep
meaning to send to him but I keep forgetting.
I just need to write a new letter and send it to him! Is Connor excited?
I wrote him...at least I think I did? My memory is turning to jello! How is
Ester be honest with me I have been thinking about her lately? Did you take
grandma Judy to a movie? She needs a good movie! I hope Carol and them got my
letter! I miss messing with them all.
Ben is awesome I miss his personality! He is a great friend. So is Jacob but in the “I enjoy torturing him”
kind of way. He is like my little
brother as everyone knows I am really Carol's first child. Ha ha just kidding, that mistake was only
made once at a restaurant! Is everyone else good? How is Tracy? I hope he got
the card. Anyway enough about you all I
want to tell you about me. This week has
been amazing; we have 5 new investigators which is great! Church yesterday went
by really fast. I found out there is
another General authority coming here. I
don’t know his name but he is one of the 70. So we have been taking the bus
more and more which has been great! I love the bus it is a great finding
opportunity. So there is also this
circus in town and we ran into some jugglers! It was awesome to get to see
their act. Real circus performers like
they do it full time which is great! Not a ton else that I can think of has
happened I had my first day alone with the buses in my new area. It snowed that day. We helped at a garage sale, I freaked out
because I thought I got on the wrong bus! That would have been bad to have to
call up my companion and explain to her I got on the wrong bus. Ha ha it was great though. My new companion is a joy and shocking news
she is 29 years old. She also used to
work for a scrapbooking company called stamp it or something and so of course
we get along fine. I am putting my
skills to use as we are making goal sheets for our ward. I am loving it. It is a nice stress reducer. I love scrapbooking. I also met an amazing lady who makes cards so
I got to see some of her stuff. I feel
like I could be really good if I actually put some effort into it. I love my mission so much and I can’t believe
I have been here so long. It is great
and I can see my testimony developing so strong. I love you all stay safe!
Love, Sister Shaylin Cawley
No comments:
Post a Comment