I wanted all of you to know that I love you so much. I am out here for a purpose greater then I
could have ever imagined. I feel as if I
am being continually called to the work.
I feel the power of God surround me each and every day. I feel as if every part of being here on a
mission fits in with my eternal calling.
Never before have I felt the total effects of every aspect of the gospel
build upon what I already know with such strength as to never be moved. I can feel his love and oft times I sit and
wonder why me. Why did you want me to
have this calling do I even deserve such a great gift, and the voice in my mind
cries out that I am a daughter of worth.
God knows my purpose. He called
me here because he knows me, what I did in my past life and what I want
now. I want him to be proud I want him
to know that I can and that I know I will for him. My life is an echo of his never ending grace. I know he lives I don't have the faith any
more I wish I could tell you there is concrete evidence to prove what I know
but there isn't it is the constant voice in my head that says he knows. He is there he is listening and he
knows. He knows every beat of my heart,
he knows my weaknesses he knows my strengths and he knows me. He knows me. I often wonder why would He
someone so perfect lay down his life for someone as imperfect as I? Why would
he cry in agony for my sins, for my troubles, my weaknesses, my pains, and my hardships? I know he did it for me because he knew what
I could become and for that I am eternally grateful, and I his daughter am
eternally His!
Sister Shaylin Cawley
Mt Vernon Tulip Fest
New Haircut.....I guess by not smiling you remain humble
Companion's socks...I hope she doesn't come home with these (by accident, of course...LOL)
Stupid tonsils is the first thing I have to say...Did you
know if you have tonsils the greater risk you have at getting strep
throat. No, I don't have strep throat
but I am under watch. I love people too
much and that will always be my downfall.
There is a family that we are teaching that all has strep and one of
them has had it for long enough that it has moved into her blood...eek. Anyway I am not the only one under watch one
of my companions is too but I am the only one with the symptoms showing. I am still out doing the work though. I will push until I can’t go any more. I don't know if Jesus ever took a day off!
Any way as you probably guessed I am serving in a three pack. My companions are so cool and I know you
would all love them. One of them is
Sister Stumpf who is so sweet she is just a little taller than me and loves
bananas! She has this thing she does called the Traveling Nanas which is if you
remember the flat Stanley thing it is kind of like that you take pictures in
random places with this nana and you make a scrapbook or whatever and you also
send the pictures to her. I will be
getting one soon and I will send a picture to you all! The other one is Sister Anderson she is a new
19 year old and is loving her mission!
We all love to laugh in fact we have had many laugh attacks which in
reality makes me miss the good days with Ashlee Cawley! We are serving in Mt. Vernon home of a tulip
festival. It ended last week but Sister
Stumpf drove us past it on the way somewhere.
It was pretty it reminded me of Holland, MI and I even started singing
the song a little this week. I have met
some amazing people here and I am so excited to take you all back here at some
point to meet some of the people that have changed my life. Three of which are hoping to get baptized
soon. They are the family with strep
that we see three to four times a week as they are working towards May 11. There is Liddie the mom, Molly the 12 year
old, and Alondra the 8 year old who loves the missionaries and has a lot of
questions. They also have a dog that is
like in love with me. It’s a Chihuahua. I don't know how to spell that word. Ha ha. So there is also a lady names
Alejandra who is almost 21 with two kids 5 year old Nevaeh (heaven spelled
backwards) and 1 year old Chulo (Handsome). She wants to be baptized as soon as
she gets married just like Liddie. We
are also working alongside a recent convert who is having us do a service project
here in May. Basically her dog is having
babies and it was like a surprise for everyone so she doesn't want to help her
little dog have the babies so we are going to help the dog have babies so if
anyone knows how we can do that or what we need to do and not do that would be
much appreciated! Also this same family owns a restaurant that we are going to
go to and try the food. We have to try
the grasshopper taco, the cow tongue taco, and the cow intestine taco. Yummy I am so excited but I am going to try
them all I figure what can it hurt right?
It is going to be very interesting I am kind of concerned about it
all. Any way trying new things doesn't
hurt right. I think the only problem is
me seeing the grasshopper whole before I eat it. Can’t be any worse than a shot so…..
yep. YUMMY! Ha ha. Let’s see what else is new? I can’t think of
anything. I am happy for Caitlin and
maybe somebody can send me invitations she send out I really want to see
it. At least be a part of my best friend’s
wedding somehow. I understand life gets
busy and she probably just forgot about me, but I want to be a part of it in
any way that I can even though I am on a mission. Maybe I can write her a letter or
something. But any way if you could send
me that I would appreciate it. I am sad
I forgot the dates of Tennyson's and Maggie's birthday I thought Tennyson's was
the 28th but I wasn't sure. I decided
not to send a card though oh well who knows what a three year old would do with
it. I will send something better
though! Maggie's is the 4th of May? I
can't remember. I am happy that Ashley
is taking the next step in her life and Josh is getting good at writing. I love you all so much and I am so happy to
be able to talk to you all once a week on the internet. It is great to tell you all what is going on
here. I am still working on creating the
perfect package for you all but it’s a work in progress. Please stay safe and
know I love you!
Shaylin Cawley
No comments:
Post a Comment