Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013



FISH

The other day I was thinking about what I was going to write you and I remembered the time I flooded the basement and thought I don't think I ever fully repented of doing that so I should be sorry! I thought that was funny as it just happened again.  Random question was any of our stuff damaged? Also I was thinking Mom remember when you had the feeling that you needed to move all of our stuff out of cardboard boxes and put them into plastic ones.  I know that was a long time ago but maybe God knew it would take a while and so he planned it.  I am sorry it flooded if it helps it happens a lot here! Ha ha I just wanted you to experience some of our rain I guess.  This week has been good and my companion is amazing though I found out the chances of me transferring tomorrow is about 99%.  God needs me where he needs me though.  I was having a conversation with my companion and had my yearbook signed by someone from the MTC that said I am always so happy to do the work.  Anyway my companion said something along the same lines that I was going to do a lot of good in the mission! I also got a blessing the other day, not because anything was wrong but because there are 14 sisters coming out this transfer so there are a lot of changes our mission is going to implement and I never do well before change happens.  It was a blessing of comfort which actually mentioned some much needed stuff.  I was thinking a lot about who I used to be and why I went through that and why the repentance process was so hard for me.  It wasn't bringing me down but I was feeling guilty! Anyway the blessing talked about how God was aware of everything I have been through and how if I waited patiently then someone would need my help or something.  I was surprised.  You know each time I get a blessing I realize more and more it is my Heavenly Father talking straight to me, not someone else saying what I need but my Father in Heaven telling me to spare a little longer.  I remember the frame Grandma and Grandpa gave me right before I left that said I can do hard things.  I have grown to realize that God knows me and hears me and is listening to all my prayers, those times when I feel like giving up after a never ending round of door slams, or when I am overly excited because a miracle has occurred.  I have grown so much here on my mission in ways I couldn't even imagine.  We learned the other day about a transgression and a sin and the difference and it just clicked.  That is what I love about the gospel is it just makes sense.  It is that piece that is missing in the puzzle of life.  It fills up that gap and I love it.  I love feeling whole and complete.  I am just so happy! I wish you could see it but I am.  I love every minute of life and I feel like I am finally living it.  Noted some of my dreams have been crazy like Dad talking with a high pitched voice and Nichelle being my missionary companion, but hey I need some craziness in this life.  I love Washington the area is beautiful.  I still would never live here but I feel like if I did the specialness of who I have become here would fade away.  I know God lives I know it you know? I love you all!

I realize I didn't tell you what fish I was referring to.  I was really good no funny faces or anything I just kept thinking chicken, chicken, chicken.  Well that was until I saw the skin and they told me to eat it.  Oh I felt sick to my stomach Oh hey just found out I am getting transferred whatever I am too tired to care.  I move too much! But yeah I will write you later!
Shaylin







No comments:

Post a Comment