Dreams are a funny thing. Most of my dreams have been very weird it seems as in some of them less as of recent I was always at home and the stake president refused to release me. Oh well I am fine and still trucking along. Life has been funny as with four girls living together you would expect it to be. We joke around every night and even do our fair share of doggie piles! We are all pretty happy for the most part and LOVE LOVE LOVE teaching! We are more like a group of best friends bringing people closer to God which puts a whole new spin on missionary work making it a more natural part of life! We are working in our new ward boundaries now which is kind of crazy. It is just like being overnighted without moving any! Kind of crazy! Still not as crazy as you may think although last night we tracted into some members in which the companion I was with proceeded to make conversation with this "non-member" by treated them kindly though I knew we were in for a tail spin as the first thing I noticed when she opened the door was the hymn book! Yeah it felt as if we were standing there for ages but I guess it wasn't that long as she proceeded to tell us she thought we were the new missionaries in her ward. Yep! Awkward! Its great we are also learning what streets we can and should not go on at night as some of the places are not to safe. Well they are safer than my old area Maple Valley but still better to be safe then sorry especially when four sisters have to share one phone and we split up a lot. All is working out smoothly though. Our new bishop is great and remembers me as the sister he met with the "Cackle" Ha ha yeah quite entertaining. He laughs the same as I do. Putting a ward back together though is tough stuff. I have real sympathy for people that do it all the time! We started out with very few active families from the old ward leaving us with a relief society president, a primary president, and a High Priest Group Leader! Oh and a newly called bishopric. Luckily the missionaries are really good at going out and meeting people so the auxiliaries are looking to us to fill them in on the things we learn. I have learned on my mission it is really important to take good notes. Without good notes I am pretty sure the missionary work would be in shambles which means everyone who is looking to us for help would go downhill as well. Everything is working out smoothly as this last week was spent making the necessary transitions for our investigators to be taught by those who can help them best! I have no doubt that this change was through inspiration and communication with and from our dear Father in Heaven! Noted at first I had my doubts but they were soon cleared! I am impressed at the new initiative that has built up around this change and the excitement in the air. I hope all continues to go as smoothly. I have found new things about myself in the last couple weeks that are both surprising and alarming! Nothing bad of course just things I never had noticed. All continues to flow smoothly and I am made happy because of it. I love this gospel, I love this work and I would urge you to take any part in it that you can.
Love Sister Shaylin Cawley
No comments:
Post a Comment