Alright I remember when I was a kid Ice skating was so much fun...NOT. We went yesterday to the ice arena for my district Leaders last P-Day and it was painful. I have never wanted to cut off my feet so much in my life. Though it was barrels of fun getting to watch the Elders all fall on their behinds because they were trying to show off and go fast!! We also went to a place called the Goodwill Outlet. Now don't get confused this isn't a normal Goodwill this is different. What they do is they go by pound so for every pound you get it is about 50 cents. Well what they do is they are constantly rotating bins and when they say start everybody dives into these bins of crap and gets as much as they think they want and then go through it later. I think the closest thing that can compare to what happened was a black Friday shopping venture where people actually take out their teeth and fight for what they want. It was a scary venture as we watched people digging in piles with the full glove and mask shebang! It was really cool as I found some Christmas presents that I think Josh will like as well as a movie that cost me less then 50 cents that was brand new and is a great family film. Mom Dad I will have to send it home and you will have to watch and tell me what you think!! It was a load of fun. Any way this week was pretty interesting in the way of missionary work. We knocked on a door earlier in the week and all we heard from inside was,"The devil is my best friend...I love the devil." (in a cheesy voice) so of course being missionaries knowing if this was truly the case they really needed the gospel so we knocked again and heard, "Witchcraft is fun...I love witchcraft!" So again the same thought and we knocked again and heard, "THE DEVIL SAYS WE ARE NOT HOME!!!" We walked away from the door laughing. The next day the other set of sisters heard someone "Barking" behind the door no not a dog a human. It is ridiculous the things people will do to get rid of the missionaries. I mean seriously have the guts to come outside and tell us you are not interested! We also were made incredibly happy as one of our investigators showed some initiative and called us to come back for an appointment. He is really great we found him while tracting and he is a super great guy!! Also we picked up a former investigator who we are going to go have a lesson with this week! He is super cool and interested and lives with one of our Less Active families as a house guest so hopefully he will be more and more excited to come to church. The family is a Part Member Family in which we will hopefully get to teach the husband soon as well but we could not ask as well they had a family member pass away and it wasn't the right time. Other than that this week has just been the same old same old. Transfers are coming up this week and I am hoping I stay but who knows it is all in God's hands!! Oh and apparently Elder Bednar is coming here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well love you a lot!
Sister Shaylin Cawley
So here is me cutting my skirt off as the zipper broke and after a day of trying to get it off we decided butting it was our best option. Yes I had to sleep in that stupid skirt, and a picture of a floating leaf...look its magic
No comments:
Post a Comment