Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013



Do I have ta?

Don't tell me I actually need to be making right choices out here? Ha ha just messing around. Everything has gotten well better? I don't really know what else to add. It was a very slow week as I am not surprised but not too entirely happy with. I got to spend the day with my old companion Sister Kirk which was a much needed re-lived experience. She has changed a lot and so have I but when we get together it works. So yeah I got your package and the bars are all gone as are almost all of the cookies. The skirt is so pretty I love it a lot and I am going to buy a slip for it today as the rain tends to soak through even wool making it nearly see through. Okay maybe not that bad but you get the picture. The sisters took our gifts very seriously which made us all very happy. Yes it took a little (lot) bit of personal funds to put them together but it is great to see the impact it has made on the sisters relationships as many of them are young missionaries. My companion is helping me to be a little "trunkie" as my thought process was today, "whoa Shaylin you could be married a year from now!" Which then of course made me laugh a little. I got scared out of my mind this past week as this state specializes in slugs during the rainy season and I saw a big one at night that I thought was a snake. Ha ha. I am having fun meeting and greeting my own little "Tennyson". He is the cute little member boy next door to us in our duplex. He has red hair and is two which a big exploratory nature about him. My companion told me at one point Tennyson and he looked alike. It was great. Just this week he ran up to "his missionaries" (note we are not the sisters in is ward as we live in a different wards boundaries) and gave us some beautiful sun flowers from his garden. Polly our neighbors dog also has decided we are best friends. (Polly is a labradoodle named Polly Ester Shurtz...Shurtz is the last name of our neighbors.) She comes
up to our window at night when she goes outside and just barks. Her owners say she never does that but whenever I am around she does so something is off there. She is a sweetheart. Not as cool as my buds though I promise. We are teaching this FAMILY with a struggling son who is so funny. He acts like the macho man whenever we come over and doesn't want to participate but then in an interview with the Bishop he talked about how cool our lessons were. Ah 16 year old boys who think they are so macho. Ha ha. We were also talking this morning about the Nephites with the Jaredite records thinking whoa they are so old how can this be they did what? Ha ha now we are thinking the same things about the customs of the Nephites and Lamanites. Who will be thinking that of us in a hundred years. I was reading an article about the first Sister Missionaries. Do you think they ever would have believed what is happening here now? Crazy how things change and you never think of the impact...We went to a leadership training this week where we met the daughter of the Mission President. Their FAMILY is so cute. She is a cosmetologist and spent a good 10 minutes lecturing Elders on how and how often to shine shoes. It was a great reaction when they all started laughing at the weekly shine and she looked back at them with a death glare. It was awesome. Ah women and style! My hair cut looks great and I am styling some rock awesome bangs! I like bangs. I also met someone from Dads old mission and I had no idea that they combined Dads old mission with another. At least I think it was his...who knows. That I so exciting about Chase he will need to write me when he gets home as it has been a forever since we have "talked". Life is still moving on as we deal with being Sister Training Leaders and finding and teaching with all the necessary chores of being a missionary. It is quite exhausting but at the same time exhilarating. It is always fun when you realized the stress your feeling is because you accidentally missed a meal and your praying your dinner appointment comes through. Ha ha that hasn't happened before? It is still kind of crazy having a spilt ward as we need to figure out all the details but at the same time it is easier dealing with a smaller area. I will be starting to read the book "The Power of Everyday Missionaries" as we were asked to read it and apparently it is a phenomenal book so if you ever get a chance I would look it up. I am glad to hear everything is working smoothly at home and hope it keeps that way. If there is anything you need don't hesitate to ask.
Love,


Sister Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment