Tuesday, September 10, 2013

August 19,2013


Kooky, Crazy, and slightly insane!

This week has been, well, what a week. We did some service with a woman in our ward, got wet then went and got covered in feathers. She has 200 some odd canaries.... NO JOKE. She breeds them. It's pretty cool to get to see. Any way we offered her some service and cleaned all of their cages...yeah it was gross...like really gross...and then we swept out their shed. It was well...there were a lot of feathers. Like A LOT. Oh well it was fun and I got to see a beautiful white canary which I think was pretty cool. We also learned a lot about how to breed them so if I ever decide I want to breed them I know where to go. Ha ha! Any way what else happened this week? Oh yeah, so the lady with the parrot doesn't really trust people I guess and so she didn't want to come to church which was fun. Well anyway she texted us the other day and was like I want to come to church and my companion was the first one to see it. She started screaming and leaping for joy in the middle of our walk somewhere. It was so funny to see. Her just it was funny. The funniest part however was when a group of high school girls passed us and thought my companion was crazy. No worries she is but I love her. We got to sit in on primary yesterday which was pretty cool. Did you know our ward does missionary letter routes each month? How cool it that? So the primary was in charge this month. They did flat stanleys for the missionaries to take pictures with which was a cute idea. We learned about forgiving others if they did something mean to us. It was a lot of fun. I was happy. We also did some good contacting. Also this week was our Zone Conference. It was fun and we got fed sloppy joes. Our car came in fourth place for cleanest car check which means we got a prize. Noted if you knew what our prize was you would probably laugh but hey 50 extra miles a month on a month of our choice is a great prize. Ha ha. Yeah mission life is kind of crazy. You know your getting closer to the end when your cousin is about to come home and one of your friends that came out not to far before me flew home today. I was shocked. Slightly upset but mostly SHOCKED. She came and slept the night at our house since we are the closest to the airport (Should tell you about how far South in Everett, WA mission I am. Ha ha. Yeah that's how cool we are) Any way she stayed at our house and so we heart attacked her bed and said a prayer with her before she left. It was crazy and heartbreaking to see her in her "final moments". You could clearly tell she wanted to go but her heart belonged there with all of us. She worked wonders on her mission and I am sure she will continue to do so. Oh so another cool thing that happened this week is I made some amazing zucchini bread. Ah its to die for. I like it here though. I feel full noted sometimes I feel empty because I accidentally forget to put on my name tag or something stupid, but I am happy. Compete in a way I could never even come close to explaining. Thank you to all those who helped me get here. I love you all.


Love,


Sister Shaylin Cawley






No comments:

Post a Comment