Today is the day....
Today is the day our mission split and we got a new mission president. We will all miss President Wilson and his wife a lot but I am sure the new mission president will be great. His name is President Bonam. I am not sure more then that but I know he is another smart guy. I am still serving in the Everett Washington Mission but I can see the Seattle mission from where I am at as we are right on the border. It will be really hard as we need to focus more time now on trying to not accidentally go out of our mission. This week has been pretty good other than that. We had an emergency sisters training so that all of us sisters could see each other right before the split as it would be a last time for all of us. I found out this week my companion from last transfer or at least one of them went home. I was very sad to hear it and was even more upset to hear a bunch of the sisters gossiping about why she went home. I don't feel like they need to know or judge her decision to do so as I am sure it was with purpose considering all that occurred last transfer. On a better note I did get to take a picture with my "family" of missionaries with all the people my "mom" trained and who they trained. I told them all that even though I only had a step daughter she needed to be in the picture. It was a great day for all of us. Like I probably told you all last week I gave a talk on Sunday which was pretty good. I talked about choosing the right and everyone seemed to love it. I have never had such a hard time writing a talk in my life and it was only a five minute talk. Oh well so interesting thing that has been in the making. We are currently teaching a guy whose mom is well heavy catholic. Like hard core scary lady if she wants something done it gets done and not in a good way no matter who it hurts along the way. She is also(or at least was but I'll get to that) not a fan of Mormons. Well we have been helping her son for a while and she actually likes us. It is the strangest thing you can literally see her heart softening. Yes she still scares me half to death but it is weird. It is like watching a movie and knowing the ending then going back and watching the beginning and seeing how their heart is softened to a point where the ending can happen. It is remarkable. I do not however know if she will join the church in this life or even how it will happen but I do know that her heart is softening. I also found out this week that one of the investigators we are teaching might only be learning from us because we are girls and that he has been flirting with me since the last time we saw him. It is kind of creepy as he is old. Yeah! There is no problems here with becoming an apostate missionary seeing as the only guys that ever hit on us are old! Blessing? Definitely! Ha ha I am just kidding. We also taught this less actives and his parents were there they had just come home off a mission. It went really well and the spirit was in that lesson. I felt it the same as I usually do but my companion who is new said it was there and she could feel it. Also this past Saturday one of our investigators got baptized!! She is in another ward but we were teaching her because she would rather be taught by sisters. Anyway, her husband is a recent-ish convert himself so he got to baptize her. It was his first baptism you could tell. She had to get "dunked" if you want to call it that a couple times and the first time she hit her head. It was a great experience for all of us missionaries see someone so devoted to the gospel and someone so pleased to be performing the ordinance for someone he cared about so so much. It was a very happy day for her and I am so proud of her. She was able to invite her mom who is not a member a young boy who is their friend somehow and her very best friend and her family. It was their wards temple day so the turn out was great. That ward actually does something really cool. Once a year they "rent" out the stake center by the temple and it is a ward temple day, not adult but ward. They hold classes in the church for all those who don't go to the temple. The youth all have a baptism time and then cool classes for them. All the adults who don't go or are unable to go have classes like ancestry classes, etc. The primary kids get a walk around the temple in turns and then little fun classes for them and then afterwards they have a BBQ for all those who attend and their families. We were able to eat at the BBQ it was great! I know I probably told you this already but the baptism was so amazing. I think one of the things that stuck out to me is it was his first baptism and he was nervous and scared but still I watched him get in the water with the expression that he would do it right for God. I wish you all could have seen it! I hope all is going well for all of you back home!
Sister Shaylin Cawley
No comments:
Post a Comment