Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 8, 2013

Reverse button where is my reverse button?

Ha ha so the other day namely yesterday I was sitting in sacrament looking at all of the families with little kids so happy to be there and then a thought struck my mind which left me thinking..."Reverse, reverse where is the stinking reverse button?"  Well you all can figure out what I meant about that because it freaked me out a little bit. So as a little update to some of the emails I received I need to say a couple of things.  For starters Dad I don't know if you have noticed this but you getting old! Ha ha! Its okay so am I.  Another Nichelle your kids are so cute but I do have some news that will either make you laugh or think I am crazy.  That news is I think I miss your little family a little bit as I am pretty sure my current investigator is tired of me almost calling him Mike and his daughter Maggie. The funny part is that is as far as it goes because the female is nothing like you well kind of and they only have a daughter.  Well I thought it was funny because my companion is kind of picking up on it and was thinking the same things. Also the kids look great.    I learned some important lessons this week starting with soda is really easy to get hooked on.  I had a little episode with me ending up sick last night due to self inflicted dehydration.  My companion now has me walking around with a water bottle.  I also thought it was very nice as I woke up this morning with all my clothes washed as she could tell I was having a rough time last night and pushing myself to do the work and wanted to take some of the load off.  She even folded them when she was done which really meant a lot.  A lot of people here want our service which is great except for the fact is the main reason to do service is of course to wear jeans and I don't fit into mine.  Which is awful but I am surviving it.  The other lesson I learned this week was my memory is awful as we were counting up numbers and well we couldn't remember what we did to achieve or not achieve those numbers. OOPS. We also had the opportunity this week to meet our new mission president.  He and his wife are big goof balls which is not comforting as I can tell part of their humor was to make us feel more comfortable about the changes that are about to occur.  On a more spiritualish note we went to visit one of our less active members we are teaching and he actually looked excited to see us.  It was weird but cool at the same time.  That however wasn't the coolest thing about that lesson. We were unable to find any women to come with us to the lesson so we used our back up plan also known as plan Z and asked another recently returning member to come with us to a lesson with her newborn.  Well what had happened wasn't what we expected afterwards we went and picked up some pizza to eat with her to say thanks and she told us how much it meant to her to be treated like a missionary. Her whole life she spent thinking that she could never be a missionary like we were. She even had people tell her she was not good enough.  She told us she felt like a missionary and that we helped her feel that joy.  It made us feel good to know that God had a hand in providing a way for her to feel like she made a difference.  We were grateful for that situation!
Be safe!
Love,
Sister Shaylin Cawley


No comments:

Post a Comment