I love this area I do but it is all city I want to go back to the mountains of Washington. I don't want to go back to it too fast as tomorrow is transfers but still! We will still see what happens. So this week had its up downs and in-between. Not saying any of it was bad but you know. So to start was last Monday. I don't know if you heard but we went to this trampoline play park. It was so cool. We decided to do that for our district P-Day. It was a lot of fun for the most part except for Shaylin got a little more control than Sister Cawley did. So like I used to if a guy says he can do something but doesn't think I can I have to show him up no matter the cost. Well he did this awesome flip thing so of course I thought if I got up high enough I could do a flip too. I almost made it the first time I landed on my butt and forgot I had legs. Ha ha. Anyway he thought I almost had it so I decided to try it again. Bad choice. Do you ever get those feelings when you are up in the air and you know something bad is going to come? I did. I made the flip a little too much went into a double or something and landed on my neck. We were all in hysterics and the pain wasn't as bad as it was the night after. I didn't feel so bad as my companion would jump, jump, jump, face plant, get up, jump, jump, jump, face plant, and this would just keep happening. There was also this cool foam pit that you could jump into. It was 6 feet deep and filled with foam. Anyway all the kids that went before us would jump in and then get out super fast so of course all of us big kids thought it would be easy. Not so much we weighed more which meant we bounced farther which meant we had to swim through the foam to get back to the other side and then had to attempt to get out. Well Sister Cawley decided to take a whack at it and well got stuck. So my companion had to come give me a hand and lift me out of the giant foam pit because there was no way to get out. Well she told me afterward not to jump in again and me being the smart person jumped in again. I was stuck so what happened next like a good missionary I likened to the gospel. I was stuck in the foam pit regretting my choice to jump in. I couldn't get out. One of the elders as he cant really lift me cause that is bad jumped into the pit with me and taught me how to get out with a little bit of his help. Namely standing on his hands and boosting myself up and out. Noted then he couldn't get out but that has nothing to do with where I am going. Like me we often times are all stuck in the pit of sin(foam pit). Sometimes we regret it and others we are unaware of what is actually is going on. Our Savior loves us so much. He knew that He could lift us out but then we would just expect the same result every time and just jump back into our sins. He loves us and because he loves us he jumps into the pit with us through the Atonement(like the elder) He like the elder shows us how we can get out through repentance and when we fall short He gives us a little boost if we promise never to do it again. I of course learned from my mistake and didn't do that again. All in all it was a good day. So the rest of this week kind of blurred into one. We helped a lady get her yard ready for family that was coming in for a funeral. The house was a rental and so she figured that she wasn't living there for very long and so the mess in the yard that was made(weeds and stuff) by the last tenants didn't need to be attacked. Well the funeral changed her mind so we went and helped out. Well both me and my companion were grateful our parents taught us how to garden as while the lady who owned the house spent the whole two hours on one tree we were able to tackle 2 trees and like 4 or five bushes and do a good job. Then we once again started to compare everything to the gospel so we compared it to the currant bush talk. Ha ha. Any way. This week also had other great stuff. For example I got to eat at Red Robin and the waiter over heard me talking about what I usually got at Red Robin and how they didn't have it and so when he came to take our order he was like I talked to our manager and he said we could make just the clam strips. Which made me happy but at the same time I was like well I could have gotten the Cesar wrap but it was good. One of our recent converts took us out to eat there. It was so good. Also we were just kind of chill this week and on Thursday I got some news that forever changed my week. So I found out one of my investigators from Mt. Vernon decided she did want to be a member of the church and wanted to get baptized as soon as possible. I was able to go to it Sunday Morning at 8am. It was so good. The spirit there was so strong my companion and ward missionary who gave us a ride said the same thing. She was so happy and even more so that I was able to come. She kept telling me that she was nervous and I kept telling her she was doing the right thing and when she entered the water you just knew you know like without hesitation that God was proud of his daughter. I was proud of her too. Some of the people at the baptism were kind of confused when they saw me because I wasn't supposed to be there. Ha ha it was cool. It was a good week all in all. I even found out people had been talking to my companion about how they were glad I was their missionary which made me feel really good. I love my mission so much. So also we send out these spiritual thoughts nightly to people and I just wanted to share with you one of my favorites,
"Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all that he can" Henry Ford. We have a great potential nothing is too hard that we can not handle. God has prepared us for great things, "Be not weary in well doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work" D&C 64:33 we have a purpose! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Hope you all enjoy your week!
Sister Shaylin Cawley
No comments:
Post a Comment