Thursday, June 27, 2013

June 26, 2013

You want to hear something funny?


So whoever said old habits die hard well I don't like those sayings.  So every temple trip we also receive the opportunity to go to Deseret Book because we have one close to the temple.  So this morning Sister Cawley decided to do something in her mind was genius.  I was originally planning on buying a movie I really wanted at the bookstore sending it home and telling my mom in the coolest way possible, "I just couldn't help myself." Well my joke backfired a little bit.  So I found a cute movie Mormon appropriate and everything.  I had my heart set on it.  Well then I found the Love Comes Softly Series on sale for around 50 dollars.  That was a good deal for 6 movies.  Well then the 1st one was also on sale for 10 dollars and I had to get that one of course because the set was incomplete. Yeah I am still missing three of the movies in which you should be glad they were missing 2 of the 3.  So yes I spent a total of 100 dollars at Deseret Book today.  yeah :( So much for self control as it seems to be apparent I have none.  Oops. On a happy note I was also able to get a CD I have been dying for since Everson with some of my birthday money.  Also I was able to get the Mormon Messages 2 video for 10 bucks to use in lessons as they come in handy and its really hard to get a hold of the internet versions sometimes. So I am pretty happy about that.  I feel really guilty about spending all that money money on movies I can't really even watch for about 7-8 more months.  Oh well I will send them home and have my parents put them in my oh my word my daughter has a movie problem pile.  On a happier note I was also tempted to buy 17 miracles because it is an amazing movie, The Emma Smith Story because everybody has told me about how amazing that movie is. The RM because it is to see movie as soon as you get off your mission! I restrained myself.  You should be so proud.  Also I was so happy to see one of my good friends from Chicago who now lives in Washington.  I was a little freaked out at first as I have been having dreams of home life and I had to look around and pinch myself to make sure I hadn't accidentally fallen asleep in the Deseret Book. Nope she was really there so that pretty much made my day.  Also my birthday was great.  I tell you marching around all day head held high thinking, "I am so old I am so old I am so old." And then have someone ask me how old I turned and my head going blank.  I am a genius.  My companion and I celebrated well with the traditional orange rolls, brownie sundae for desert, and of course the gift opening.  I am happy to say that having the district leader knock and me shooting him with a bubbly gun kind of helped make my day special.  I also got a breathing puppy pet, a cool pj shirt that makes me feel happy, a giraffe puppet finger thing, socks with DERBY on them!!!! CHOCOLATE which made my life and some letters and stuff.  I was just so happy. I am still happy and safe and will try and write more but our time is cut short due to the temple trip.  I love you all.
Shaylin





We had a great birthday dinner with Sisters Cawley and Lisonbee.  She loved her birthday package and said she had a great day!  She is a wonderful missionary and we are blessed to have her in our ward!  Thank you for sharing your daughter!

Sister Pam Latimer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment