So this week has been pretty eventful for my last week in Armar (yes I am getting transferred . To start off this week I saw a fish in the middle of the road. It was still alive seeing as the road had flooded. People were pumping out their basements which meant a lot of water. I also got to walk around with my 'older sister' Sister Jaramillo because my companion will be training so she was in meetings. It was quite funny seeing as well we kept running into the elders.(Spanish and Lakewood) So Saturday was service project day. I went and you guessed it shoveled Horse poop for about an hour. They use the poop for fertilizer and so we had to go stand in ankle deep poop to dump out the wheelbarrow. After we got to go and get two of the horses. The girl let me walk one while the other followed shortly behind. When we were walking in the stalls however I was feeling the hay fever set in and I decided to breather through my mouth and walk behind the horse. No one told me DO NOT walk behind a horse. It farted in my mouth. I am officially scarred for life. So yeah started packing today and getting myself all organized. Learned as unorganized as I am everything is in its rightful spot with everything else. I also learned hairspray does not come out of suitcases no matter how long they sit. Any way packing is going good now we are just having a little break and figuring out what we need to do.
So as many of you know I have a problem with biting and picking my nails. They are still long but I am struggling seeing as I have attempted to pick of crocheting about a zillion times and then get frustrated when I go to do a second row where I throw the scarf of the ground. I have learned that for right now taking in and out already done stitches is good enough until I figure out how to read the instructions in the book I bought. ASL is still going pretty good for me though I am taking a break from learning anything new as our recent-ish convert hasn't been to church in a while. I guess with me leaving I am now on my own. Oh well. It will be an adventure. Also what else. Okay I am going to be honest I have no idea what else is new. Ha ha. Anyway I better get back to packing.
Love,
Sister Cawley
P.S. If you get grossed out easily don't read this next part.
Did you know to fertilize farming land out here they mix cow poop and water making it into a diarrhea type consistency and spray it out on the fields through the sprinkler system. Just a thought be careful what you eat....
No comments:
Post a Comment