Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 28, 2013


I am absolutely horrified with the picture that Julie sent me....What was with our faces?
I am assuming this is the picture...It is of Shaylin and her cousin Chase, now serving his mission in the Ukraine.  They are sitting outside the Jordan River Temple

 Ha ha Oh well.  This week has been pretty well uneventful.  Okay I did go to the temple but I already told you about that so yeah.  The other night we did exchanges and so we decided to do a service project and make like a ton of cookies for a linger longer after church.  Well the other missionaries came up to our house to give sister saxton back and we had a little fun.  The Davis' had a little extra apple cider like the special kind you get on holidays.  Well we were all in hysterics drinking it.  Sister Davis took a video of it and somehow I had the bottle in one hand and my glass in the other.  Ah missionary work.  Ha ha.  Any way.  Did I ever tell you all I saw Amy Glaves.  Yeah she posted me in a beautiful picture on face book if anyone got a chance to see it.  It was great.  So not much else is on the happening this week. Oh yeah I went to cow country.  I forgot to tell you.  It smelled horrible. It was fun though.  A lot of rain and we met this cool old lady.  We also did some driving in drug country.  It was fun.  Also yeah okay so the other day we were planning at our church and when we went in there was this guy getting cuffed right outside it.  Well an hour later we go back outside and there is a drug dog getting excited about this guy’s car. Hmm.  Well about an hour after that we are driving down the main road in front of the church and can’t get through traffic.  They were making everybody turn around.  There was like a three car pile up.  Later that day on the other side of the freeway, same road, and not more than a mile away, there was another crash or something which made getting home hard.  A day later in the same place as the three car pile up there was like a five car pile up that we only knew about because of the two homeless teens that were in our church.  I was so horrified yesterday when these two teens were being freaked upon by some old ladies who wanted them out of the church because they were distracting from the spirit.  The YSA's all made me really proud by inviting them inside for some warmth and some food.  We listened to their story and one of them when he was a little younger watched his dad go to prison and later his mom died.  No one took him in.  I felt really sorry but I am happy that they came as we found out that he has been given a book of Mormon and a King James Bible to read during the really hard times.  They are a few of his prized possessions.   They are both in their 20s now.  That day I had decided to bring a thank you bag of mints for a girl who helped us this week and when I heard their story I was able to give it to them.  Everyone thought it was odd I had a random zip lock bag of mints but it made them so happy to be able to eat something.  I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to help these boys. 
Love
Sister Cawley
Oh also something I found interesting is "Salvation" can only be achieved on our own, where as "exaltation" can only be achieved with the help of our family.   Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment