Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 7, 2013



Okay so funny story as each letter should start out with one.  Yesterday I was sitting in PEC and we were talking about the churches stance on different topics.  I was so excited to hear.  They started out with gambling and moved slowly on to other topics.  I was alarmed when he stated that the church also had a stance on "Youth in Asia". Me of course being me decided to ask the silly question of "Why would the church have a stance on Youth in Asia?" The executive secretary then said "because they are starving". Then everyone started laughing which I of course did as well.  It was such an obvious answer right starving.  Ha-ha no! They were actually talking about the churches stance on Euthanasia.  Oops.  Oh well it was fun.  So the other day we went on exchanges which was a lot of fun.  I got to help two families in the Monroe Maltby area build their homes. It was a lot of fun.  I got to go at it with a pick axe.  I of course though thought it would be much easier to chop a rock in half other than move it so I pulled a few muscles.  I also got very dirty.  We got to climb mounds of dirt which was cool.  I will have to send some pictures though it may be a little while as I am slightly back tracked on pictures.  I still have a CD here I need to send.  Sorry.  The pictures still are just as cool now as when I took them.  So yeah.  Any how I am hoping to send those...eventually.  I need to get some time first.  Other than that everything is going well.  We are re teaching a former who wants to learn.  He speaks Spanish but wants to learn from us.  I tried to speak to him in his native language and let’s say I am out of practice.  I was a little jumbled.  We are also teaching a kid named Josh. He came to church yesterday.  Testimony meeting was great.  Anyhow.  Those are the really big things that have happened this week.  Oh my nails are long.  I know I have told everyone that before but they are long now.  I am hoping not to go wrong this time.  I won’t even bring them up to my mouth now.  It took a lot of work but I am trying to be better. I am sorry I don't have a lot of happenings to report on this week.  Oh yeah before I forget.  Last week was rough.  I spent Sunday night in the hospital.  Don't worry nothing happened to me.  My companion was screaming Sunday night and I didn't know what to do.  So I did what any normal person would do I followed the screaming girl’s command meanwhile feeling I needed to go to the hospital.  When we got home I called our mission presidents wife.  She told us the same thing I felt.  We needed to rush to the emergency room.  We got there 30 minutes after that and they brought her back.  We were there for quite a few hours.  She was put on an IV and had a lot of tests run on her.  I was exhausted by the time we left.  We got home and she was really out of it.  I didn't sleep much that night as she was tossing and turning.  I had finally gotten to sleep.  By the morning she was feeling 100% better but we still kept it easy.  Her big concern now is how to explain to her mom that everything is okay now.  Well that's all for now.  Oh and before I forget....HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Sister Cawley




You all wanted to know some things I have been thinking about so here you go.  A bit of my testimony.  Before you watch Pray that you will understand all I have to say.
http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#the-will-of-god
          Mormon message Will of God
http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#moments-that-matter-most
          Moments that matter Most
http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#families-can-be-together-forever
           Families can be together forever
http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#create
            Create
http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#youre-never-alone
          You are never alone
http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#come-what-may-love-it
    Come what may and love it
http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#have-i-done-any-good-in-the-world-today
     Have I done any good in the world today
http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#pioneers-followers-of-jesus-christ
    Pioneers followers of Jesus Christ
http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#hope-ya-know-we-had-a-hard-time
  Hope you know we had a hard time


Okay I know what you’re thinking why on earth would I post a bunch of Mormon Messages as my testimony and why would I ask you to pray before watching them. So here you go....We can do all things. We are not alone.  God did not intend us to be alone.  Embrace it.  I love the gospel and my testimony is my own and mine to give to each of you. God Lives.  If there is one sentence that has stuck out to me through time is the saying, "It will all be worth it."  We will go through hard times.  We may not have the life we always pictured.  We will not have a perfect life but I promise, "It will all be worth it." Don’t ever forget your eternal worth.  I love you all.  Look at what is around you.  Pay attention to who is there who you have and also pay attention to who you can be.  Again Happy New Year. Remember!
Thank you
Sister Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment