The mission is going
great! Thanksgiving was fantastic. We
went and ate at a member’s house and after we ate got to play a game since it
was P Day and our Mission President said we could stay for dinner longer than
an hour! It was Wacky 6 it was a ton of fun I don't know if it was because it
is actually a really fun game or if it is just I have not played a game in a
while! After we went to a completely deserted grocery store. Yeah Thanksgiving
is great. We actually got in to visit
some people that night which was great.
Heather is still progressing excellently! She is super excited for the
15th and we have actually gotten it worked out so she can go on a ward temple
trip on the 18th. She already got to
visit the Seattle Temple and loved it.
You were probably wondering about the title of this current
message. Well it is exactly what is
sounds like DRAMA! Basically almost every guy in the ward is either in love or
thinks Heather is really pretty. It has
created some chaos on the part of the missionaries as she is so nice she just
invites them anywhere. It got to the
point where our ward mission leader had to step in, let’s just say she had no
idea and having a boyfriend just made it that much easier for her to turn
down. Things are going better with her
and we have figured out how to teach our lesson this Wednesday (Law of
Chastity) with only one guy there! Yeah that one was uncontrollable but they
have been friends since High School and he isn't a problem unless you get a
handful of guys around her then he plays big brother! Another girl we are teaching actually works
for our Relief Society president though she was found through tracting. She has basically been ?atheist? (the one
that doesn't believe in God) her whole life.
She just prayed and found out there was a God. She also prayed to know if Joseph Smith was a
prophet and the Book of Mormon was true.
The answer that came to her mind was, "Keep Reading." I have
high hopes for her! We are also teaching quite a few Less Actives. Russell is
still progressing and I think he actually said hi to one male this week! It's a
work in progress. (He has special needs)
Stephanie was able to go clothes shopping at Ross and found a cheap
interview outfit. She is working with
the employment center to get a job. She
seems a lot happier. Tiffany we just
started with this week. She wanted to
take the lessons. We were at her house
for Thanksgiving and didn't talk much about the lessons. Saturday we went over to her house at her
request and her parents basically in shock that we were back asked what we
needed. They had no idea she wanted to
come back to the church. Her mom sat in
the lesson and we could tell she was so grateful that her daughter knew
something was missing. Not only is the
church something the daughter wants but in one short lesson we were able to see
the testimony of the mother grow. I
think that is all for lessons. We have
been able to visit quite a few people oh and I have been asked (sort of ) to
sing a solo in zone conference. I will be singing I Know That My Redeemer Lives
on Thursday for that. I am so excited I
will get to see my old companion. Today
was pretty epic we played Laser Tag. I
came in first place one round and second place the rest. By the fourth round the elder were all
skipping and twirling to the music playing in the room. I can honestly tell you watching them slow
motion skip and ballerina twirl in a Laser Tag room while listening to Owl
City's Fireflies is a sight to see. It
was absolutely hysterical. We are
continuing to love our new car seeing as the air bags now work. It took us a while to figure out how they
turned on so we had to take in into a Subaru Dealership. I have to say they look a lot different then
I remember them being when my dad worked there! Ha ha. Mom, Dad I hope you are still alive and
enjoying the cruise. I don't think there
are any icebergs but still try and be safe.
Not much here on the entertainment front but I will try and keep you
updated. Also will hopefully sent
pictures soon but probably not until next week.
Sorry about the delay! I love you all stay safe!
Shaylin
P.S. Prayer works, it is amazing how many times we have
prayed for something simple like our GPS working or something stupid and it
comes true. When you need something that
you feel is important ask God what you can do!
P.S.S. Time for the Christmas Holiday! If you get a chance
to listen to any of Jackie Evancho's Christmas CD very good! We tried to buy
some Christmas CD's that were religious and we came out with her CD and some
church choir thing! Stupid store Forgotten Carols comes to this state and they
don't even have the CD. Also where's the
Mo-Tab?? I mean come on!!! Don't you know there are missionaries in your state
that can only listen to the Birth of Christ related Christmas music....any way
that was my little vent for this week.
Shaylin Again!
No comments:
Post a Comment