Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 3, 2012


I have NO concept of time anymore.  It's gone and I have lost all hope for it resurfacing. Anyway sorry if this letter is a little jumbled it has been a funny week. *giggle* Any how yeah so as you all may already know I am a professional tree fluffer. As a service project this week we set up trees for the nativity festival. There were a ton. It took like three to four hours to get them all set up and that is with all the volunteers.  It was complicated and I can honestly say I have put up every type of tree.  It is going to look really good though here in a couple days.  We get to go back tonight and help set up again! The festival will be at the end of this week! My companion and I will get to be the missionary watch on Saturday night but we have been council ed over and over again NO ACTIVELY PROSELYTING. I hope that is how its spelled. Any way we are just there in case any body has any questions which means we can look at all of the displays! It will bring back lots of memories.  I am excited. 
What else? We helped some people that we are kind of teaching move out.  Basically we called up one of the men in the ward to help and he came and helped with the heavier stuff but we sisters were able to show off some muscles too! Most of the time however was spent cleaning dirty dishes and wrapping them up.  My hands turned black from all of the newspaper(At least that is what I am telling everyone) Yeah the house was interesting I know why we never went inside.  They are a young couple and funny thing is the new house they moved into the neighbors are MORMONS.  Those silly Mormon's they are just everywhere you need them to be! Have you ever wondered why on spell check for Mormons "moron" comes up? Yeah me too! *giggle*
Okay skipping to another topic again real fast sorry. (Yes I am incredibly ADD today) So you know when your an eight year old kid and you go around telling everyone that you are going to get baptized? Well Heather made me so proud yesterday.  The Bishop came up to her and was like,"I see we haven't scared you away yet?" and she said just so proudly,"Nope I am getting baptized December 15th." I was thinking in my head (YEA I TAUGHT THAT GIRL AND SHE IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!) Ha ha.  She is so prepared.  It is amazing to see who God is preparing and who is ready to make that covenant.  She went to her first baptism on Saturday and was so happy and excited.  She loved it.  Afterwards we started planning her baptism.  She will be getting interviewed later this week! We still however need to talk to her a bit about modesty but that should be a breeze! Oh my word I am just so happy for her.
Lets see what else.  Our other investigators are doing great one of them even read 12 chapters in between appointments.  We also got a new one this week.  He is super cool and loves to learn.  He lives in a trailer behind some stables and works odd jobs on the farm to pay rent. He has so many questions and loves everything about the gospel so far! He may come to F.H.E. tonight so hopefully he comes! We have also seen a great deal of reactivation in our ward.  Two people that have not been seen in a while came to church yesterday! Both are planning on coming tonight!! It's great to see people coming back to the gospel they always have the sense of belonging that you can just see.  One of them was great enough to stay for the Christmas Devotional that was last night.  I loved it!
Nothing else huge has really happened this week at least nothing that I can think of. I am meeting some great people....Oh yeah I told you all I was singing in zone conference.  That went really well! I was freaked out but everyone said I sounded great.  It was awesome I loved the spirit during the whole conference. Sorry short statement! *giggle*
Oh yeah okay so what I have learned this week:
Did you know that Cows can only be milked during pregnancy and there is such thing as a vacation cow.  Those are the cows that are really close to giving birth that are allowed to go out in the fields all day so they can relax before giving birth.
There is also such thing as a wild cow. Go figure!
In Preach My Gospel it talks about how paying tithing is an opportunity.  I find it interesting that it says opportunity! What do you think it means?
Yeah just some interesting things to think about.  Just found out the cow thing today and was pretty excited.  Like I said I am in a funny mood!
Love,
Sister Shaylin Cawley
P.S. I loved the package that was sent and very funny.  Yes I was a chubby giraffe this Thanksgiving!
P.S.S. This months title is CHRISTMAS.  I am in the spirit this year and would love you all to send me your favorite Christmas story(Christ related) or talk!
P.S.S.S. Ha ha the churches big promotion going on right now is celebrating the holidays.  Go to mormon.org/christmas to check it out!
P.S.S.S.S. BE SAFE I LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment