Hey, I am sad to say I ran out of Teddy Grahams today with
no way of getting any until Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is our P day seeing as it is a holiday so that is
cool. We have two possible dinners lined
up. You will all be super excited just
as I am that Heather is getting baptized on December 15th… ah… I am
so happy. She is great. She also has every single guy in the YSA ward
chasing after her and that is not a joke. She looks and talks like she should
be in the cartoon world of Enchanted! She is so sweet. We also have a couple other investigators
which are pretty cool, but at this point
in time we have only had one lesson with each of them so I do not know
much. Okay, freakiest thing the other
day we went to an area and well I had to
go to the bathroom so we pulled over at a shell gas station. It was freaky there were cars parked at all
the pumps and in a couple of the parking slots but NO PEOPLE. The inside was completely devoid of
everything two but from the road it looked used. It kind of felt like all of the people had
been wiped from the face of the earth except for us. I called it our own personal "radiator
springs". So right now there is this little girl sitting right next to me
just looking at me. It is kind of funny she is probably one or two. Ha ha!
Okay so just to make you all laugh at my common stupidity…. I was over
at my investigator, Heather's, house with two people that we brought over one
girl and one boy. Well, after the lesson
I stood up from the ground but my skirt wasn't done sitting down yet. Yeah, not my finest hour. I was quick to pull
it back on my body but not quick enough to not let anyone notice! Yeah, it’s
something I look back on now and think DANG IT! Ha ha. So rain it just doesn't end when you think it
is getting better you blink and here it comes again. There is no hope. My old boots are no longer servicing my feet
as they have somehow grown many holes!
Yeah, well one can hope. Luckily
my mom sent me some new boots and I will probably go buy one more pair at
Marshall's! Life is …I am not going to
lie…. a little depressing seeing as my first companion here left me. Yep, transfer day was Tuesday and so she
left. Yeah, I was not happy about that
one. My new companion…. we work great
together and by time night time comes around we are just so tired of being
awesome we will just say there is no waking either of us! Yesterday she fell
asleep in her clothes .I was in PJ's thankfully but I woke up in the middle of
the night to her in PJ's and a sauna for a bedroom! Yeah, I don't know when
that happened. I was excited the other
day to receive a post card in the mail from China! I started shrieking in an
appropriate missionary shriek! Ah, I
love Ashlee and the post card was pretty cool too! I Also got two packages on
the same day. One of which was from my
mom with all my FAVORITE candies as well as new boots and a rain coat. I realized the boots were a little big but
until I get thicker socks I am stuffing what any normal person would find useful.
(You can guess) I would kind of like to hear some of what you all come up
with. Just remember it is me and I do
lose things really fast. Ha ha! They are amazing boots I found myself splashing
around in puddles this morning! Yeah, I love Washington! I also got another
package from my sister which once again deserved a well needed scream. For one my sister and her whole family
decorated a 4 foot poster front and back with beautiful drawings and sent me
kisses and other goodies. She also sent
me a giant case of Starbucks Hot Chocolate in which I am actually afraid to
open seeing as it could just be a really cool trick. Oh well ,one way to find out! She did a great
job at hiding the Hot Chocolate though so if it is a trick she sure did a lot
to conceal it! (For the record I did just recently get the package so it is not
like it has been forever since I discovered this hot cocoa) Any who I also
laughed to find the many different letters my sister tried to write while epic-ally failing as she was writing them around the world’s coolest nephew! I
was impressed however to find she was able to write the letter! I have seen
some crazy things here in Washington but none that have surprised me this
far. Oh well ,I still have time right!
(This little bit is mostly for my good uncle Jo Hogler) Trains a ton of
trains. I don't really know what kind
they are here but they are everywhere. I
swear at least once a day we are passed by some form of a train. I have decided some sort of train jumping
sport would be great in this area!
Probably not very safe however.
They are no joke everywhere. I am
so glad we are far enough(like a mile) from train tracks so that we do not have
to hear them constantly. We even have
train stations here so there are like people trains, not like the metro kind
but the other kind! (Hope you liked my little rant about trains) Any way life
is cool I am happy and enjoying the large variety we see in this state. I am however clouded with sorrow many days as
part of our jobs as missionaries is to go find those who are in active and see
how they are doing. It is heartbreaking
to see how many young single people have left the church and have given up on
everything they once believed in. I
understand that God has a plan and each soul is great and so my heart goes out
to each of these beautiful souls whether they be here or somewhere else in the
world. There is never a reason to turn away from God, but if for a small time
you have turned away remember no matter where you go or who you are the
Atonement reaches out to you God loves you and we each as members of the Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints love you and we will continue to ask you
to invite you, "Your ALWAYS welcome home!"
I love you all each and everyone of you. Even if I do not know you I want to! Remember
who you are this holiday season, where you come from, and where you are going
and I promise you I will NEVER turn my back from you!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
Sister Shaylin Beth Cawley
No comments:
Post a Comment