Ha ha I am glad you liked my box. I figured you missed me that is the reason I sent home all of the trash! So my P day is not on Mondays so ha-ha here I am... Where to start? So the plane ride...basically in the morning we waited for the bus at 5..I fell asleep. Got to the airport did all of our stuff one of my suitcases was exactly 50lbs. ha-ha close call! Any who I talked to you and the plane boarded early so it was a good thing I got off the phone with you guys! I felt bad for how little I could talk but there was a line to use the phones! Any who the airplane ride was cool I got to sit by the window. Basically my and Elder Carouso just talked the whole flight and then when we got to Washington started screaming because we saw Mt. Saint Helen's It was so cool to see from the air. Like so so so cool! I was so happy to get to see it! It was really cool to see all of Washington it is very GREEN!!! okay so then we landed and all got off the plane where we met some people returning home from their mission from some island...and another guy who was giving us all sorts of advice! Then we got on a train to go and meet our mission president and his wife. They were all super nice. Everyone was also surprised I could carry my own luggage! Ha-ha ..okay so I rode to Marysville with Sister Wilson, Elder Hunt, and Elder Page. We all got so excited to see the space needles there however wasn't enough time to take any pictures : ( oh well we got to the house and ate food also we took some pictures and then we left to the stake center to meet our companions. Mine is really cool her name is Sister Hepworth! She reminds me a lot of Ashlee...how is she doing by the way? But yeah she is cool! I am currently serving in the Armar YSA ward.... ha-ha yeah! That night we went to something they call reach out where everyone gets together and goes to visit those who are less active! Following I had my first lesson! His name is Travis he works in outhouses! Lets see what else? He is a big video gamer! So that is kind of cool? I guess...Well I asked him if he would pray about getting baptized and he said he would think about it. If he says yes his date is set for Oct 27th. Following we went home. We live with a member family the Davis' and they are pretty cool. Tracting was a different experience here. On the first day so funny! Okay so we were in this neighborhood with really old porches and so we would walk up and it felt like it will give way. Well Sister Hepworth starts telling me this story about how her and an old companion were knocking on houses just like this and how they like I don't know stopped because no one was answering and turned to leave. Well Sister Hepworth hears this crash and turns around and her companions leg fell through the porch! Yeah well the opened the door after that ha-ha That is something you really want to hear. During that same trip we met a woman named Vera. She is from Ukraine and loves the bible. She has been in America about 14 years and loves it. We got to talking to her and as soon as we said the word bible she took of running. She came back a second later with a big bible! It was amazing to see so much faith. She was however out of our age limit and so after about 15-20 minutes of talking we said goodbye and sent a referal to her area missionaries! They will hopefully bring her a copy of the Book of Mormon in Ukrainian! (Did you know Vera means faith?) Oh gosh so much to say so little time. Any who we have done some more tracting and met some interesting people one of which was breaking a pile of watches? No idea! Haha yeah! That same day when we were walking around we were talking about who and what kind of person we like to teach. Well I brought up "old people" well the funny part of the story is at that moment some old people come walking out of some trees! Yep got the message loud and clear. The rest of the day most of the people we came in contact with were over the age of 60! Our job as YSA missionaries is to reactivate which is hard but not impossible. I have met some really great people one of which a recent convert named Ken was overly happy the other day to watch his first ever conference. He was just baptized on the 29th. We are also re teaching a girl named Shannon who just got out of rehab. She came to the Sunday morning conference with us! All is well here. Sorry about the pictures I am going into Walmart today to get those! Also just as a quick heads up I need to buy some stuff so don't freak out! I have had some great meals here and was super happy on Saturday to get to eat some Taco Bell! We ate it at a park while watching some mini boat racing thing? Its a big sport here ha-ha Life is good I am happy and doing everything I should. They candy you gave me is also almost gone...oops... ha-ha. Oh yeah letters is it too much to ask? I love letters and wow I would love it if just one of my my age friends would write me!! My word! Ha ha but seriously LETTERS!!! ha-ha okay um what else was I going to ask This month I have decided I am starting a high tech study journal. I would like if able everyone to send me their favorite talk new era article ensign article whatever story whatever about MISSIONARY WORK. That is my focus this month! Write your notes in the margins and I will take my own! Next month is gratitude so be ready!
I need dad to send me like letter format some stuff seeing as I cant really print...
The race....the one about the boy who is running and the dad who says get up.
Brians room!
Footsteps
Bible and the TV guide
The ralph waldo one the road less traveled
Dads elevator story
Any other good ones!
Yeah so yep....I love you all!
Love,
Sister Cawley
No comments:
Post a Comment