Ha-ha so whats new with me? Oh yeah tell Nichelle I cannot
get on her blog. We could misuse the privilege so it is off limits but I wish.
I got the package and was very very happy to see my CD's and my
coat. I have been freezing. I was also super excited to get my water
bottle seeing as I have been forcing myself to drink the water here. I really do not like tap. I also got your
conference talk. I regret to inform I
haven't had a chance to read it making me feel like such a jerk but I will and
I am excited to! I love you guys and miss you all. Its funny I wish every once in a while to
hear dad's voice to say "Shut-up your doing fine!" Ha-ha I am
good. On an upsetting note I have
"killed" (eaten) Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Jack and Jill, Hansel, a
reflection of Hansel, Gretel, and a mirage of Gretel, Jessica Simpson, Dwayne
the Rock Johnson, Fergie, and one of the Black Eyed Peas. I seem to need some entertainment and so I
played with my Teddy Grahams! Yes they have all entered into the Cave of Wonders
from Aladdin (my mouth/tummy) with no way of getting out unless they meet a
Giant Teddy Genie! Yeah my lack of entertainment is bugging me. On the upside my dreams at night are intense. I have been so exhausted lately I even found
that I fell asleep the other night fully dressed. I was still wearing my name tag and my
headband. Yeah I was tired. My goal last
night was to make it into my PJ's. We do
not have a lot of dinner appointments in the singles ward which is
disappointing but good! The ward is also constantly changing so most of what we
do at least I feel like is go around updating the ward and stake lists for
young single adults in the area. Ha-ha. We have two investigators,
one seems to always have a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Its fun watching him read the Book of Mormon
as he struggles holding everything. Luckily however God invented this really cool storage area right behind
the ear. We are also meeting with
another young girl at a local Starbucks which is a temptation for me as the
other day I REALLY REALLY wanted hot chocolate! Haha yeah. We have also gone to a few reservations
out/up here! I guess they are not technically American soil so COOL I got to
go out of the country on my mission!
This week I was able to go sort of on two exchanges one of which was in
Monroe which was fun. We got to do a
service project sort of. The lady who we
were helping move in wasn't home so we did some yard work. The Spanish missionaries were also there. One
of which looks like the year 2 and 3 version of Nevel Longbottom! Ha but yeah
we raked and took out the 12 bags of trash swept and sort of weeded! It took
about 2 hours! The rest of the day we had an appointment, yes just one! It was
for a young boy who got baptized on Saturday. We watched a short movie
discussed it and then listened to his testimony. His mom then came in and started asking us
all of these questions. I had a feeling
she needed a Book of Mormon but felt awkward giving her one so I wrote a little
note on a piece of paper that basically said, "Your son has a strong
testimony, you should be proud" with a little of my testimony. On the way out the door I hid the Book of
Mormon under some stuff she had been working on. I am excited to hear if anything comes of it.
Yeah I am a scaredy cat! The next exchange I was in charge of my area which was
traumatizing. I don't think I am ready for that yet! Stake conference was this
Sunday and we heard some great talks.
One from Elder Christensen of the 70 talked about service sort of. He spoke of protecting the children and spoke
of a story where he taught a group of monks about religion. They liked it. He talked about how children have a calming
effect on people as well as on Jesus Christ.
He told us to make just like we do a ward mission plan a family mission
plan. We are supposed to sit down with
our children and make a plan regarding what we should be doing at home, like
how to act, punishments for our actions, and how we can be better missionaries
by setting goals. I thought it was a
great talk. It has been really rainy
this week I have even come home drenched on more then one occasion. It is so windy there is not purpose in
holding an umbrella and so rainy there is no purpose in having a rain coat, it goes through! Yeah its AWESOME!
Any who life is good I miss home and your cooking. I miss my boys as EVERY dog or cat here reminds me of them! I miss my
siblings though I know they are doing good! I miss Tennyson and Maggie because
lets face it no matter how many kids I see they just cant live up! I miss Dad
and his motorcycle!!! I see all the time men riding their bikes out in the rain
and I think of Dad. I also thought of
him the other day when we were walking in the hail. I don't know why! I miss cuddle time! I miss MOVIES!!!! Oh yes
definitely those. I miss TV but I have
memorized all the good ones so I just hit replay in my mind! I miss my bed. And
NAPS! Definitely Naps! I miss NO rain. I miss SUN.
I miss CHOCOLATE! For all of you
that know Rexburg I miss Horkleys/Great Scotts/ whatever it is called now. I had Little Caesars pizza the other day
because Julie sent me some money and lets just say I was in heaven. Ha-ha yeah I love PIZZA! I just want one day
to have a movie marathon of The Legacy and The Testaments. Everyone is like the real world but I am like
not a part of it still. Its like this
pane of glass I cant break in between me and it. It isn't a bad thing but I feel so far. Everyone I know is on the other side of this
pane of glass! Ah I want it to break! Just for a second. Oh well.
I am good, happy, tired, just me, I guess or whatever is left of
me. Sorry I didn't write a ton this week
I am just yeah! Its been one of those weeks! I have no recommendations this
week at this point I am sort of on autopilot.
I feel so mean and I am homesick but I refuse to let myself be. Well as
much as can be done. I am in no
immediate danger though my companion may be seeing as it is that week! Well I am almost out of time. I love you all and hope to continually hear
from you. Two more months til I can talk
to my mommy again! Please stay safe and write me. Even if the letter is two sentences. I will personally send you stamps if I have
to. Any way stay safe, God Bless, the
church is true the same as it was yesterday, when Jesus walked the earth,
today, and tomorrow. If you find your
faith wavering DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
Faith MUST be used or it is useless.
God has given you resources USE THEM!
No amazing convert ever got their testimony from sitting on their
spiritual butt all day! I have a testimony I know God lives somehow he makes my
feet move when my body refuses. He WILL provide a way if we TRUST him! My
assignment for you all this week. I have
been thinking and I have got it. Still
send conference talks of course but also sit down with your family however big
or small, WRITE OUT your family mission plan, and FIND one to two scriptures
that are a beacon of light for your family in hard times. Hang them in the house. Memorize them, help
your family to get off their BUTT SPIRITUALLY. You are a child of God, he loves
you, I love you, Christ loves you, LOVE yourself by doing what is BEST for
yourself, PLEASE!
I love you all and my family I send my love!
Sister Cawley
P.S. on a less serious note my name is Sister Hepworth today
seeing as my brain forgot to grab my name tag on the way out the door!
P.P.S. Send a hug my
way or like a shirt or something of daddy's or yours that I can wear that
smells like you guys. Something! Even spray a letter with Dads Cologne! I love
you!
No comments:
Post a Comment