Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 29, 2012


Ah Mike, how funny you are the reason I have not listed you in any of my letters is because I simply had nothing to say.  I mean come on! Ha ha I can’t list everyone but just for you I will write your names in this letter! Thanks for the CD's and your talk it made me so so so so so so happy to get them you can even ask the exchange sister I was with.
So for everybody else (and Mike) I am doing great! I love my mission (MIKE) and am still seeking random opportunities for little entertainment! Nothing big seeing as I ran out of Teddy Grahams this week eating two of the characters from Bones last. Oh well just means I have something to look forward to this week. (MIKE)  Well as you probably know we played volleyball last week for P day! It was fun (MIKE) during however after was a completely different story. (MIKE) I bruised my knee and have no idea how it was bruised in so many different places and (MIKE) I could feel my arms for days following. (MIKE) My companion however had an even harder time moving and well it was just sad. (MIKE)  Luckily some of the Elders spent most of the time falling on the ground so my guess is they are in more pain. (MIKE)  We also had FHE this week.  Go figure! (MIKE) They carved pumpkins and I got to judge! That was fun! (MIKE) One of our deaf converts even showed up to the activity. (MIKE)  All in all it was a great day. (MIKE) I can’t remember much of the other days seeing as I have no concept of time anymore. (MIKE)  One day we went to visit a Less Active member and her dog just had puppies so we got to hold them! (MIKE) That was a whole lot of fun. (I will send pictures!) Let’s see what else? Ooh (MIKE) on Saturday I got to do a service project at a Halloween party! (MIKE) It was SO MUCH fun! (Nichelle I hope you like my bad English!) My companion and I for the day got to man the skeeball station. (MIKE) Our job was to be overly happy when someone won a candy which was ALL the time. (MIKE)  Let’s just say I am giving up my mission to be a carnie (just messing) no but it was really fun. (MIKE) There was a two year old who saw the balls butted in front of someone playing picked them up and pitched the ball from the PLAYERS END and got it in the 30 each time! (MIKE) It was amazing! I couldn't believe it! (MIKE) I saw a lot of great costumes! We did that for about two hours and then had to head home to get ready for exchanges! (MIKE) I couldn't believe the fun we had just being two missionaries.  It totally beat the Teddy Grahams! (I hope you all are not getting tired of me saying Mike all the time.  I just feel bad seeing as I talk to my companions about my older brother and sister all the time so maybe now he will know how recognized and appreciated and maybe even a little loved he is!) (Just kidding Mike I do love ya!) Any who I am loving all of the letters I am getting! It makes me so happy! My favorite by far was the letter from Tennyson.  I am sorry he wasn't able to call me but I figured if I picked up I would just miss his cuteness way too much.  Can he say please yet? I am so excited for when he can say that! I have decided though he can’t get any bigger so I can still pick him up when I get home! Ha ha.  I got one of the first letters from a friend (like my age friend) this week it was from a girl I went to the MTC with! She is doing well and is in Rigby right now! She loves it just like me.  I am however the only one of the girls in a singles ward. Singles wards are hard! But hey we will get it up and running.  They are making a 2012 ward mission plan right now so I am excited to see the finished product!  We are also doing a fast this month so that will work out great too.  A lot of the sisters right now are putting in their mission papers! I am so happy for all of them.  I have also decided not having milk may be in the best interest of the mission.  Last night someone gave us apple crisp with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and well I have two servings.  It did not work out to well.  The family had so many people there was 12 people including us at the table and two people were missing.  Two of which luckily were foreign exchange students so their names were similar to remember! As for the rest they all looked alike! Oh well! Any how I am good I love my mission yeah it is hard sometimes but like Sheri Dew said "If life were easy it wouldn't be hard" God is preparing people and I WILL find them. It is coming to the close of the end of the month.  I am still looking forward to getting all those articles from you but so you can start being excited for next month the topic is....GRATITUDE....shocker I know! Ha ha next month will run a little different and you can still send a talk or something from a church magazine with some notes or you can send a story of an experience YOU have had dealing with gratitude.  Like I said I still really want your missionary talks as they have already been helpful for me in my mission.  Just something to think about.  I also want to know if you took the time to create a family mission plan? If you did tell someone how it went, it can be me or someone else just so you have something to tie together to remember!
GOD LIVES. I know this.  I cannot imagine anything else in my life that has such great meaning as this statement.  Because he lives I have an eternal family that is mine to cherish not just in this life time but forever.  Because he lives the Book of Mormon is here for each of us as well as the Bible.  Because he lives I have the opportunity to go on a mission.  Because he lives Joseph Smith could truly see Him! Because he lives I am never alone.  I can have that constant companionship to guide me and to be with me forever! GOD LIVES.  He does there is no two words that can mean more than those.  I love him with all my heart.  I have put my trust in him. He will help me through my times of hardship and struggle. HE LIVES! My Father in Heaven LIVES.  Just as the scriptures say he is the same always I can tell you this, “HE LIVES, I will know he lives today, tomorrow, and forever.  He will ALWAYS be there no matter how dark the trail may get we can put our faith in him and He will show us his love in return. My Lord, My Father, My GOD, HE LIVES."
Sincerely,
Sister Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment