Monday, October 14, 2013

October14, 2013

Okay noted the people that will get this will be enjoying their rides in Disney World I want to tell you about some "Disney" experiences I am having lately.  In a support to our dear old Mickey Mouse my companions and I have made our own "talking" pet named George a spider who no one wants to kill in our house because that's mean. I have been enjoying the "circle of Life" as all of the squirrells have been coming out gathering their fair share of food for the winter.  It Certainly is a bugs life as I got freaked out when I saw a slug that was long and fat like a snake.  Yo Ho Yo Ho its not a pirates life for me as I am not pilfering any gold and jewels just some candy my companion lets me have and a couple of cuties from a meeting for our mission....noted they said we could have as many as we wanted.  I am still enjoying the Epcot experience as I try out new things from all over the world including: marshalese investigators, portugese companions, Indian curry, etc. I think I may have even seen Kim Possible but don't tell anyone that.  I have also gotten to join in on the work force from all those in the park getting to hand out my very own "Park Maps" that show the way to the Celestial Kingdom! Noted this map doesn't have a lot of really cool pictures just some words with great direction.  I think the other day while two of my companions were traveling through the park they may have seen King Tut? (A member getting ready for a Halloween party) My companions are great they consist of Ariel ( A companion with Red hair from Idaho who in the mission is seasoned.) Sleeping Beauty ( One of the Portuguese speaking sisters who had a rough past but is now teaching others not to touch the Spindle of temptation.) And Rupunzel ( another Portuguese speaking companion who is very artsy and in my opinion adventurous!) Oh yeah and then there is me Belle a silly missionaries with her head full of ideas and projects but can never seem to get any of them right. You know sometimes I wonder but then again there is magic happening all around. Noted the lights are not shining during a parade and no mom is getting hit with a firework shell but still there is magic in the air.  I know its like Sister Cawley what are you talking about Disney World is the Happiest Place on earth when that is not the case.  Yeah its a happy place but why is it happy? So here is my thought.  Where is the balance between happiness and fun lie? I was reading a great talk about the difference between the two and was thinking why isn't Disney World or Disney Land named the funnest place on earth? It just doesn't make sense...So here is my reasoning.  Everytime we have gone on a trip like that we have been happy.  There has been no bickering arguing or anything that I can recall and everything has made us so incredibly Happy.  Happiness is not Disney Happiness is taking a step out of you and enjoying the magic of FAMILY togetherness.  No arguing no faults just fun.  A jam packed week full of fun.  So why cant Disney be everywhere.  That to me is what missionary work is.  It is a time when I can help families realize their "disney" experience isn't just a honeymoon phase but moments that can last forever.  Each and every day whether it be riding in the car, blowing out the birthday candles, kneeling in family prayer that happiness can bloom.  I truly believe what that saying says about Missionaries...that we leave our family for two years to let families know they can be together forever.  Imagine that....a never ending "Disney" experience.  Wouldn't that be worth fighting for?
Shaylin Cawley

No comments:

Post a Comment